Narendra Modi-led government has introduced a phased plan to unlock India, people, especially students, across the country are wondering when will schools and colleges reopen in India.
Notably, all educational institutions have been shut since mid/end-March after PM Modi announced nationwide lockdown to contain the spread of coronavirus pandemic.
As of now, students, their guardians as well as teachers are anxious to know when ‘normal’ classes will resume given that there has been a dip in the number of COVID-19 cases in some states, including New Delhi, Tamil Nadu and Mumbai. Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank had said earlier that the schools will open keeping in mind the COVID-19 pandemic situation.
In a letter to the HRD minister last month, the Delhi Parents’ Association wrote, “The order to shut all schools…had been made on March 16 when the number of infected cases was in the hundreds. Now, it has crossed 10 lakh cases… To deliberate upon reopening schools in this situation is in itself laughable.” The parents’ association also suggested conducting the board exams online next year.
So, wait and watch what is going to be happening..Till stay tuned and follow us.
Thank you to stay healthy, stay safe.
education policy highlights
1. New school structure will be 5+3+3+4
2. Up to 5 preschools, 6 to 8 Mid School, 8 to 11 High School, 12 onwards Graduation
3. Any Degree will be 4 years
4. 6th std onwards vocational courses available
5. From 8th to 11 students can choose a subject
7. All higher education will be governed by only one authority.
8. UGC AICTE will be merged.
9. All University government, private, Open, Deemed, Vocational, etc will have the same grading and other rules.
10. New Teacher Training board will be set up for all kinds of teachers in the country, no state can change
11. The new Basic learning program will be created by the government for parents to teach children up to 3 years at home and for preschool 3 to 6
12. Multiple entries and exit from any course
13. Credit system for graduation for each year student will get some credits which he can utilize if he takes a break in the course and comes back again to complete course
14. All schools exams will be semester wise twice a year. Hopefully, this system will be in favour and make future bright of every student